Re: Superchargers. Was: Re: More latenight cruisin'

From: Jon Steiger (steiger@ait.fredonia.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 10 1997 - 09:14:02 EDT

At 12:27 AM 6/10/97 -0400, WillTier@aol.com wrote:

>Jon
>
>Nitrous is a short burst type deal pretty much just for drag racing. I was a
>little scared also but as I said I reasearched both setups for quite a while.
>The NOS was the best route for me and from all I've read they are safe as
>long as you follow directions and install and use it properly. There is a WOT
>switch, it does not work only at WOT and with the stock computer unless you
>have a reatrd device.
>
>The vehicles that come with Super chargers are all set up for them and
>include and incorporated any necessities into them, where as a add on needs
>to have add on items to try to get it to work properly and there is a L o t
>more work to put on a super charger than NOS. Also look in Jules catalog at
>all the extra Items available and pretty much necessary for the
>Superchargers.

   Yeah, either way, I suspect I'd have to buy a bunch of extra stuff.
At this point, I've got half a mind to go with a MP 360 crate motor
set up for a supercharger. I think Jules sells engines all set up with
a Vortech for under $10K. Oh well, that's a long way down the road anyway.
Who knows... Maybe the performance mods I do in the meantime will satisfy
me. :) I am currently running stock, after all...

>I will look up a article or 2 and forward them to you, may take me a little
>while but I'll do my best.

  Thanks; Don't go out of your way or anything, but if you ever happen
across 'em, I'd be interested in reading them.

                                              -Jon-

    Jon Steiger - Network Administrator for Academic Information Technology
    .- steiger@ait.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ -.
    | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ |
    | '96 Dodge Dakota SLT V8, '96 Kolb FireFly 447, '91 Yamaha FZR600R |
     I do not speak for SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my own.