Roll-lock covers...

From: Pat Buthmann (patb@mindless.com)
Date: Tue Jun 10 1997 - 14:41:00 EDT

Back to the well for advice / opinions again...

        I'm looking at buying a roll-lock cover for the bed of my truck ($1350 Cdn, installed), basically the venetian blind style of bed cover, which I prefer to the hard top tonneau cover. Does anyone have any experience with these, or something similar? Before I dish out 1300+ bones I'd like some idea of what people think of them, how they did in the winter, rain, dust etc.

        Barring that idea, I may just drop a side opening tool box on the back and leave the bed exposed (about $250 cdn) instead. Anyone have a tool box dropped into their truck, and what type / size / make is it? Sagging problems, sticky lids etc? And perhaps if anyone has possibly tried both options, which they prefer.

Pat Buthmann

'97 Dakota Sport, Club-Cab, 5.2L V8, 5 Spd, black, all black, and nothing but black.