Re: Roll-lock covers...

From: Bruce Bexte (bruceb@direct.ca)
Date: Wed Jun 11 1997 - 11:29:36 EDT

Pat Buthmann wrote:

> Back to the well for advice / opinions again...
>
> I'm looking at buying a roll-lock cover for the bed of my truck ($1350 Cdn, installed), basically the venetian blind style of bed cover, which I prefer
>
> Barring that idea, I may just drop a side opening tool box on the back and leave the bed exposed (about $250 cdn) instead. Anyone have a tool box drop
>
> Pat Buthmann
>
> '97 Dakota Sport, Club-Cab, 5.2L V8, 5 Spd, black, all black, and nothing but black.

Hi Pat, Ive got a couple of buddys here in Calgary that have the rool-lock covers.
They seem to have a lot of trouble with the sliders and joints getting pluged up with
salt and sand in the winter time making them a real pain in the but to open or close.
My personal choice would have to be a Gibsons if you dont mine spending the bucks,its
about $800.00 can. for Street Heat here in cowtown. I have a black tuff box in the
front of the box of mine.I just drilled a 3/8 inch hole about six inchs from the bottom
in the middle of the end walls.Then used turn buckles down to the floor tiedowns in the
box, it cant move around and holds a fair bit of stuff let me know if you want to see it
bye for now Bruce