Re: Gibson Cat-back Exhaust.....

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Tue Jun 10 1997 - 16:25:00 EDT

----------
From: Pat Buthmann <patb@mindless.com>
To: 'dakota@ait.fredonia.edu'
Subject: RE: Gibson Cat-back Exhaust.....
Date: Tuesday, June 10, 1997 11:28 AM

>I would tend to agree. Has anyone put their toy on a
Dyno, and see what sort of results
>you actually get? I'm particularly interested to
*snip*
Pat Buthmann

---

I did... 212hp to the ground on my '95 V8, and 277Ft lb. of torque to the ground. I member talk about a 18% loss through the drivetrain, so 212 to the ground works out to be about 259-260 hp at the flywheel, and 338-340 Ft. lb. of torque at the flywheel... I have DT headers, 3" cat back exhaust, K&N FIPK, and a MP SBEC... 30 hp increases from and exhaust system alone at highly unlikely... If I factored in each item's claimed hp increase (headers 25 hp, MP SBEC 25 hp, cat back exhaust 20 hp, and DT headers 18 hp), I would have 378 hp at the flywheel, and 309 to the ground!! **I wish**

Dyno your stock V8, and you will then see the real numbers... I checked a stock 5.9 ram against my truck (I didn't do a run on the dyno until the mods.), and it put down 180 hp down to the ground... Again, this was a stock truck... So I am putting down 32 more HP to the ground... Not a lot more, but enough for me...

Sam '95 SLT

BTW: Let me know what your's does, I'm curious as the '97 is supposed to run 230 hp vs. 220 for a '95