Re: Gibson Cat-back Exhaust.....

From: Alan Casey (acasey@mail.io.com)
Date: Tue Jun 10 1997 - 13:45:18 EDT

> From: "Sam Parthemer" <samp@cts.com>
> To: <dakota@ait.fredonia.edu>
> Subject: Re: Gibson Cat-back Exhaust.....
> Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 13:25:00 -0700

> I did... 212hp to the ground on my '95 V8, and 277Ft lb.
> of torque to the ground.
> I member talk about a 18% loss through the drivetrain, so
> 212 to the ground works out
> to be about 259-260 hp at the flywheel, and 338-340 Ft. lb.
> of torque at the flywheel...
> I have DT headers, 3" cat back exhaust, K&N FIPK, and a MP
> SBEC... 30 hp increases
> from and exhaust system alone at highly unlikely... If I
> factored in each item's claimed
> hp increase (headers 25 hp, MP SBEC 25 hp, cat back exhaust
> 20 hp, and DT headers
> 18 hp), I would have 378 hp at the flywheel, and 309 to
> the ground!! **I wish**
>

> Sam '95 SLT

Sam, I wonder how close dyno results are from
place to place. I have pretty close to the same
setup as you but my numbers are different. I
don't feel my rockers gained me much because my
track times did not fall. The MSD and pulleys
droped my time by 3/10 of a second, I can see 10
hp but I hardly think thats 20 lb/ft of torque?
especially since you tested with headers?
What kind of track times do you get? 14.8 was my
best, but I am pretty consistant at 14.9 - 15.0.

Dyno run #1
max power = 221.2 max torque = 294.7

Dyno run #2 (removed air filter)
max power = 222.2 max torque = 294.5

Alan...
94',SLT,5spd,MP SBEC,suregrip,3.21
gears,flowmaster cat back exhaust,MSD
ignition,Underdrive Pulleys,1.7 Roller Rockers)