Re: Gibson Cat-back Exhaust.....

From: Phil Hyde (philh@insync.net)
Date: Tue Jun 10 1997 - 19:46:47 EDT

Bruce Aaron Hefner wrote:

> > > In FantasyLand, maybe.
> >
> > Why is this a fantasy? If the single tube cat-back produces 30hp
> > on it's own, you don't think that a custom 2-1/2" dual setup with
> > crossover tube and hi-flo cats would give you another 20? At
> > least another 10-15.
> >
> Don't take it personally man, they're just expressing their opinions, and
> everyone has the right to their own opinion, that's what the Bill of
> Rights is all about you know, just got to remember when expressing our
> opinions not to put down others. All I can say is try it and see what
> kind of results you get. The only thing I wonder is where the point of
> diminishing returns is, on anything you do there is a point where putting
> more in will get you no more out, i.e. there is a point in the size of the
> exhaust system where increasing the size past this point will give you no
> more power increase, I just wonder what that size is on the Dak engines.

I don't really take it personally, and you're right that I shouldn't. In
the end, it's just all opinions as to what provides the best
improvement,
especially to the good ol' butt dyno.

However, "In FantasyLand, maybe" doesn't offer much in the way of a
disussion, which is what this list is all about. I'm open minded
enough to discuss other manufacturers products without insulting
other people in the process (which is how this thread got started
when I mentioned the Taurus SHO).

cheers,
Phil
'97 Dakota