Re: Dodge Service SUCKS-Round Two

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 11 1997 - 08:57:36 EDT

> *snip*
> > Good going. Remember that the mechanics don't always show the Manager
> > every job they do. The manager and service advisor "trusts" their
> > mechanics to do a job right. Also, Chrysler will audit a dealer on warr.
> > parts if there seems to be a problem. They are required to keep the
> > replaced part for at least a month in case of a noticed problem such as a
> > defect or something like you have experienced. Also the service writer
> > does not have mechanics experience (most of the time). He must "trust"
> his
> > mechanics.
> >
> > Just my 2 cents worth....
>

> Just thought I would tell you something that happens out here in
> California... (It's a Ford story, bear with me!)..
>
> We have 2 ford vans at our company, and when they go into the
> dealership for service, the mechanic has to sign in for the work, and sign
> out. If the vehicle comes back with the same, it goes back to that
> mechanic...
> On each visit, the mechanic is 'doc-d' for each revisting.. On the 3rd
> revisit
> the mechanic is put on probation, and then from there will be fired...
>
> We've actually had good luck with our vans once we found a
> dealership (ford) that was this thorough.
>
> On my Dodge's experiences, I've had a number of problems with
> the local Dodge dealerships... I am lucky now (if you can call it that),
> where I can call the Service manager on a first name basis, and tell him
> E X A C T L Y what I want done, and what I don't want done on the
>

> truck... I've had good experiences now that it has been made clear
> that A N Y mistakes, oversights, etc..will be (and have been in the past)
> reported to Chysler customer service (Customer Care #1)... The 2 times
> I've used it (at this particular dealership once, and once at another local
> shop) I've gotten results...
>
> BTW: I was told via an unnamed service rep, that if enough
> people complained about the seat belts not retracting on the Dakotas
> that a recall MIGHT be made by Chysler, as they get a lot of warranty
> repairs for that problem time and time again...
>
> Jon, want to start another list of who has a seat belt problem??
>
> Sam '95 SLT
Another great motivator for getting the job done when the dealership is
giving you a hassle is to threaten a to bring in a lawyer. Nothing like
the sound of the word lawyer to change their tune, of course that should
just be a last resort, beause I don't know about you, but I don't like
lawyers anymore than they do.

Bruce