Re: ford bashing

From: Phil Hyde (philh@insync.net)
Date: Wed Jun 11 1997 - 12:57:17 EDT

Bruce Aaron Hefner wrote:

> I have to agree with you Frank, it seems that after you design a good
> engine, you'd design good accessories to go with it instead of restricting
> the engine and using same shitty accessories. I guess they never heard
> the old saying "In for a penny, in for a pound.) (Is that right, I know
> it's something like that), i.e. after spending that much money and time on
> the engine looks like they could of spent a little more on accessories.
> Of course this is ford we're talking about so what do you expect.

Well, the truth about the Taurus SHO is that it's still a Ford
underneath.
The best part of the car is the engine - what a jewel. The rest of the
car was plain jane Ford. At a minimum they should have at least
engineered
the drivetrain and accessories to match the capability of the engine. I
don't even want to start in on the clutch problems......

Oh well......Maybe CC will put the 3.5DOHC in the Aveneger...Whew!

cheers,
Phil
'97 Dakota
'67 Charger