RE: Gibson Cat-back Exhaust.....

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Wed Jun 11 1997 - 20:14:55 EDT

At 04:02 PM 6/11/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Nope. Think about the plain old physics Bruce. Electricity will ALWAYS
take the easiest path (generally the shortest, when atmosphere is the
conductor). For a spark plug to produce two simultaneous sparks would
require changing the laws of physics. It is possible for it to start on
one path, and then jump to the other, but that would require a change in
conditions during the duration of spark, making the other path a more
appealing path to electricity. Not likely, given the brief duration of
time and the close proximity of the electrodes.

>Pat Buthmann

I'm definitely not promoting 'em or defending 'em but did they claim to
produce two sparks (I don't recall seeing an ad so I really don't know)?
In the reading I've done I thought that their big claim was that the spark
was unshrouded. This is what the fork was for. Regardless, the courts put
the whammy on 'em and put a stop to all their "claims". I'm stickin' to
Champion Truck Plugs.

  sean meldrum