RE: Gibson Cat-back Exhaust.....

From: Pat Buthmann (patb@mindless.com)
Date: Wed Jun 11 1997 - 18:02:54 EDT

Nope. Think about the plain old physics Bruce. Electricity will ALWAYS take the easiest path (generally the shortest, when atmosphere is the conductor). For a spark plug to produce two simultaneous sparks would require changing the laws of physics. It is possible for it to start on one path, and then jump to the other, but that would require a change in conditions during the duration of spark, making the other path a more appealing path to electricity. Not likely, given the brief duration of time and the close proximity of the electrodes.

Pat Buthmann

OK guys, I was considering buying the Splitfires, but it sounds like
there is a little animosity towards them, so what's the verdict guys, are
they worth the dinero? I'd like to hear all of your opinions before I buy
them, thanx-

Bruce