Re: Finally dynoed!

From: Alan Casey (acasey@mail.io.com)
Date: Wed Jun 11 1997 - 15:43:24 EDT

> I have got to ask the folks
> whom have installed the MSD, what the real value was to you.
>
> Extra power would be great, but I'm more interested in getting
> rid of that stumble at idle, and tuning the engine realtime for towing
> needs and the occasional bogus tank of gas.
>
> Ron

I immediately noticed a much better throttle response, and smoother
acceleration. I did not notice any hp gains. I installed the MSD
and the pulleys at the same time. I had gone to the track the week
before the installation and ran a 15.3. following the install I was
running 15.0. So obviously it improved but I don't know how much
was the MSD and how much was the pulleys. Together, 3/10ths is'nt
bad, but not seat of the pants. I am however happy with the way the
truck starts and the smoother idle and acceleration.

hope this helps

Alan...