Re: How to fix air dam

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Thu Jun 12 1997 - 10:14:03 EDT

----------
> From: Mark Seagondollar <segndolr@us.ibm.com>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: How to fix air dam
> Date: Thursday, June 12, 1997 5:07 AM
>
> Here's a question to the Chem E's, Plastics people & Body repair guys out
there.

> Last summer, I got my Dakota stuck in the mud in a field (4x2 CC Sport wi
SG).
> I ended up with a cable come-along attached to the front hooks dragging
it 6
> feet at a time until I got it out. On one occasion, the cable slipped
off the
> hook, under tension, snagged the air dam and neatly tore it below the
vent
> slot. Question is: How do I repair the tear in the airdam? I have
tried one

        My only solution, as I had a repair made like this on my motorcycle
(ripped the fairing around the headlight, and fender on a dual sport bike)
was
the Frankenstein repair (3 holes drill on both sides of the split, then zip
tie
them together... Looks like 3 neat little stiches). 3 times I have crashed
since
the then had held!! Wouldn't look good on your Dakota.. Maybe another
glue?? Or get a replacement from junk yard.

        Sam '95 SLT