Re[2]: How to fix air dam

From: Sean P Meldrum (Sean_P_Meldrum@Auto.ittind.com)
Date: Thu Jun 12 1997 - 10:20:14 EDT

--------
> From: Mark Seagondollar <segndolr@us.ibm.com>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: How to fix air dam
> Date: Thursday, June 12, 1997 5:07 AM
>
> Here's a question to the Chem E's, Plastics people & Body repair guys out
there.

> Last summer, I got my Dakota stuck in the mud in a field (4x2 CC Sport wi
SG).
> I ended up with a cable come-along attached to the front hooks dragging
it 6
> feet at a time until I got it out. On one occasion, the cable slipped
off the
> hook, under tension, snagged the air dam and neatly tore it below the
vent
> slot. Question is: How do I repair the tear in the airdam? I have
tried one

     Have you tried a two part epoxy. Something like pc-7 might hold. If
     you're going to paint you could use fiberglass mat to patch over the
     area. Prep and paint as usual and you wouldn't know anything was ever
     done.

sean meldrum
Email @ Home: spm@c3net.net
Work: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd, Black,
graphics removed, "Fresh air" by Meldrum,
Moroso Blue Max plug wires, Spectre looms,
Cherry Bomb Turbo II exiting b4 the axle (temporary),
MSD 6A/Blaster 2 awaiting installation