How to fix air dam

From: Mark Seagondollar (segndolr@us.ibm.com)
Date: Thu Jun 12 1997 - 08:07:00 EDT

Here's a question to the Chem E's, Plastics people & Body repair guys out there.

Last summer, I got my Dakota stuck in the mud in a field (4x2 CC Sport wi SG).
I ended up with a cable come-along attached to the front hooks dragging it 6
feet at a time until I got it out. On one occasion, the cable slipped off the
hook, under tension, snagged the air dam and neatly tore it below the vent
slot. Question is: How do I repair the tear in the airdam? I have tried one
glue, only to have it separate from the plastic and leave me with a tear
again. This is one stout unglueable dam plastic. (pun intended) Wind pressure
always pushes the sections apart and leaves it ugly. I don't want to have to
pop rivet strips on it (also ugly). I have wanted to paint the bumper & air
dam RED to match the rest of the truck, so sanding & painting is in the program
anyway. Any workable solutions?