Re[2]: dakota headers and Y-pipes

From: Sean P Meldrum (Sean_P_Meldrum@Auto.ittind.com)
Date: Thu Jun 12 1997 - 10:16:11 EDT

>Well this is what I've been wondering all along. As long as the O2 sensor and
>cat are in place and functioning, who's going to notice? The dealer, maybe.

>So what's the hurdle? Getting a shop to touch it? Maybe if I take it
>off myself and get someone to "fab" a replacement?

        Yeah, depending on what the laws are now alot of shops won't do
anything but replace what's already there. Having the stuff already
removed when you went in might work. If you did nothing to the cat
maybe that is ok legally. I'm not up on the latest emissions stuff as
I don't need to worry about it here.

>The only other question I have is can the cat handle the extra flow? Maybe
>that's why the primaries are so small to begin with.....

        The cat would definitely be the limiting factor at that point. A
dual 2-1/4" really needs a 3" converter or a full dual with 2 converters.
Check out Mark H.'s exhuast pics on the DML site. He's got a real slick
full dual setup with bullet mufflers.

sean meldrum
Email @ Home: spm@c3net.net
Work: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd, Black,
graphics removed, "Fresh air" by Meldrum,
Moroso Blue Max plug wires, Spectre looms,
Cherry Bomb Turbo II exiting b4 the axle (temporary),
MSD 6A/Blaster 2 awaiting installation