Newbie

From: MARDIGRAS1@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 13 1997 - 07:34:10 EDT

Hello Gents,

     This is my first posting to the list as I am new. Last month I bought
my first Dakota (for that matter my first Chrysler product). I was looking
at a bow-tie, but the dealer kept screwing me around so I stopped by the
Dodge dealer at the urging of my wife (my father-in-law is a BIG Chrysler
man). Well, needless to say, a few hours and several test drives later I
drove home my baby. I decided to go all out and get the truck I had always
wanted: 318, 4X4, extended cab, SLT+. This puppy has everything (including
a computer to tell me how far I can drive before I run out of gas). I have
already installed a receiver style hitch since I am going home next weekend
to pull my Father-in-laws '71GTO to Dallas for the Pontiac show. The only
problem I have found is the shortage of places offering accessories for the
97 Dak. If anyone has a good source for the parts, I would be very grateful.
 Also, any suggestions on what I add next? I know I want a new alarm (the
factory one isnt much good) and a spray in bedliner. Other than that I am
not sure. I would love to get a few more horses out of the Magnum, but after
paying $2X,XXX for the truck, I dont think my wife is going to let me spend
too much more. Once again, thanks and I look forward from hearing from
everyone.

Ken Russell
New Orleans, La.