Re: dakota lubing steering linkage

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Fri Jun 13 1997 - 13:53:06 EDT

> The only place I can find to lube that could possibly be considered the "steering
> linkage" is the tie rod ends, so that is what I've been lubing. The manual also
> says to lube the ball joints, but not as often.

  The '95 FSM details lube points for both the rack-and-pinion
front ends (4x2), and standard pitman/idle arm/trailing link
front ends (4x4). The only greaseable fittings for the r&p
units are the tie rod ends, so you're covered.

  I lube the ball joints every time I do the tie rods; overkill,
but since I'm under there anyway...

  Ron