brakes

From: jgreg@superior.net
Date: Tue Jun 17 1997 - 15:17:17 EDT

Hi. Just got a mint(mostly) 87 dakota 4x with 37,000 miles and have a few questions.
 It was undercoated but all brake and fuel lines are real rusty.
 The brakes dont seem to work well and theres a rusty looking gizmo about midway back on the drivers(?) side that all brake lines lead into.
I think it's an equalizer for front and rear, very rusty though and has a rusty spring on it..
Could this be a problem?
 Also, any easy or not so easy power upgrades for the carbed 3.9 with automatic(clifford research 6=8 maybe)?
Are there any 87 owners with any tips as to what to watch for etc?
Are there any 87 owners period?
I love this truck and it's already at work hauling my carpentry junk around and boats and soon enough snowmobiles.
one more thing. I still have the original michelen 205/75's on it and wonder if i can fit 9.50's on whatever the stock rim width is(presumably 6")

         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)