MP cat-back exhaust

From: rich_gambino@VNET.IBM.COM
Date: Tue Jun 17 1997 - 15:35:13 EDT

Sean,

I used a suggestion I had seen on this list almost a year ago, where
someone used a 14mm plug non-fouler and cut part of the end off;
the internal threads are the same as the O2 sensor.

I made a hole to accept my "adapter" in the reducer piece supplied
with the cat-back (a piece to go from 3" to 2-1/2"), and the location
of the sensor is approx. the same as original (no wires to modify, etc).

I brought the piece to the muffler shop and he only charged me $5
to weld a bead around the "adapter". It works great.

As a side note, one of the drawbacks of the MP system (at least thru
my '96 model) is that there is one P/N for all configurations. So
I had to have an extension pipe cut and re-flared. I think the shop
gave me a freebe to do that.

Rich
'96 V8 4X4 CC auto