Horn

From: rich_gambino@VNET.IBM.COM
Date: Tue Jun 17 1997 - 16:03:46 EDT

Ned,

I added a second horn (high-note) to my '96 and it sounds really good.
I used a suggestion a while back from I think Larry Elliott. I bought
a Fiamm horn (I think the model I got was the "freeway blaster", for
$20). It's an identical size as the stock horn. I attached the new
horn to the supplied bracket, then attached that new bracket (now with
new horn) to the stock bracket so that the horns end up verticle in
the same location. Let me tell you, it just barely fits, there's not
much room in there. I had to keep tweaking the angle of the new
bracket to get the two to fit without hitting each other or the truck.

Then for the wiring, I bought a "splitter connector" (for lack of a
better term) at Radio Shack and made up a short piece of wire for
the new horn. Then plugged both horns to one end of the splitter, and
the original power source to the other. It works great and has a nice
tone, like a stock dual-tone but I think a little louder.

Rich