Re: MSD

From: Alan Casey (acasey@mail.io.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 1997 - 09:22:11 EDT

> Geeze! I think I have just about changed my mind on the msd stuff. If
> I remember all the posts right thats two msd units that have failed and
> one set of plug wires that caught fire for our members. I would like to
> have the hotter ignition and my wires are ready to be replaced, but if
> msd is this unreliable I'm going with Crane, Accell, or plain ole
> Mopar...
>
> All you guys that have had msd problems, how did they treat you? Was it
> taken care of promptly?
> --
> Michael Clark mike@snakebite.com

I enclosed a letter with the MSD and shipped it off this morning. In
the letter I asked them to tell me what caused the unit to fail and
what steps can be taken if any to prevent such a failure in the
future. I included that I belonged to the "National Dakota Mailing
List" and we over 300 members, many of whom are considering buying an
MSD product, and are very interested in what MSD has to say
about this particular problem. Will see if that gets me a response.

I will post any responses, thats if I get any.

Alan...