Re: MSD

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Wed Jun 18 1997 - 01:24:22 EDT

Dakota wrote:

> Well I lost my MSD today. It happened while I was driving down I-35.
> All the suden it just quit. No warning or anything. So I had to
> bypass the MSD to get the truck to run. This sucks. The MSD is not
> even 6 months old yet!!! I guess I just have to send it in for
> warranty. I hope I get it back before the 28th, I want to take it to
> Ennis for mopar's at the motorplex. Will see.
>
> Alan...
Geeze! I think I have just about changed my mind on the msd stuff. If
I remember all the posts right thats two msd units that have failed and
one set of plug wires that caught fire for our members. I would like to
have the hotter ignition and my wires are ready to be replaced, but if
msd is this unreliable I'm going with Crane, Accell, or plain ole
Mopar...

All you guys that have had msd problems, how did they treat you? Was it
taken care of promptly?

--
Michael Clark                    mike@snakebite.com
	93 Mark III 4X2 reg. cab SWB