Re: tires and weight.

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Sun Jun 22 1997 - 14:58:09 EDT

At 12:38 PM 6/22/97 -0500, you wrote:
>on the subject of weight, how much does mine weigh roughly?? its a 2wd cc.
>
>also, i just had new tires put on the truck had 275/60/15's put on the rear
>and 245/60/15's put on teh front, all bfgoodrich radials. i think it gives
>the truck a much better stance than the 235/70/15's did. i plan to lower my
>truck about 2 inches (not in the weeds, but a tasteful drop).can anyone
>recommend a manufacturer for the kit?. wanna replace the leaf springs
>because i do much hard driving, so lowering blocks would suck, but i want
>either dropped spindles or lowered control arms. so if anyone has any of
>this info, it would be much appreciated, thanks!
>
>Jarrod

Hey Jarrod....

I've been lookin' into lowering components for my reg. cab as well. Nobody
has spindles or control arms yet. Bell Tech will probably be the first to
market. Bell Tech, Eibach, and DJM Suspension all have drop coils up to 3".

DJM and Bell Tech have '97 hanger/shackle kits. Western Suspension says
the hangers from a '96 and earlier kit are a direct fit.

Eibach is currently working on dropped leafs but not ready for the market yet.

I agree with you on the blocks but for their cost I may go this route until
dropped leafs become available. As for the front.......I want a 3" drop it
front and I'm a little leary of doing it all with the coils. I have to do
a bit more research before I make up my mind.

Hope some of this helped.

  sean meldrum