Re: U-Haul turns into "Not-4-U-Haul"

From: Scott Vieth (scottv@msn.fullfeed.com)
Date: Sun Jun 22 1997 - 12:05:27 EDT

Sam:

> From: "Sam Parthemer" <samp@cts.com>
> Been there, done that... The trailer supposedly weighs about 2000#
> according
> the last shmuck at U-haul that I spoke with. I am getting one next week to
> haul my
> Jeep to AZ. and back. I told them I had a Dakota, and was hauling a
> rolling car
> chassis (frame, wheels, and axle...that's it). Told them I couldn't use a
> dolly because
> the setup isn't registered, and the tires weren't really road worthy... I
> figured the weight
> to be about 1000# total...
>
> I'll be picking up the trailer this coming Friday...

Where did you get the info that the trailer only weighs 2000 lbs? That would
put the Camaro&trailer combo within the specs for my Dakota. How did you
convince them to let you rent the trailer? If you lie about the stuff you are
carrying, aren't you exposing yourself to some sort of liability in the event
of a crash?

This sucks... :^(

-Scott Vieth
vieths@kci.wayne.edu