Re: U-Haul Sucks, part ii

From: Scott Vieth (scottv@msn.fullfeed.com)
Date: Sun Jun 22 1997 - 12:05:27 EDT

Sean:

> No hitch bud. Plus I only got the 3.55's. Otherwise it'd be yers. Is
> your hitch a bolt in? I'm currently running NASCAR style (no muffler ;^)
> ).....could ya handle the noise for 800 miles?

Dave and I could gather up some jing to buy you a *real* muffler. Ha ha ha!
The hitch was "bolted-in" at Dodge City when my baby was being built.
Speaking of NASCAR mufflers, I think you should try the Gibson NASCAR exhaust
on your truck. It's got dual pipes that exit in front of the passenger-side
rear wheel. I think it'd sound great on your truck. Then a little lowering,
and a real valence panel, and some Street Scenes toys for the front bumper....
:^)

> Seriously, if yer hitch will swap, the 3.55's can cut the mustard, and we
> could swap for 4 days, let me know.

No, I thought your truck had 3.92 rear gears. The towing capacity for your
truck and my truck are nearly similar.

> Is there any way the Camaro will fit in one of the big $39.95 enclosed
> trucks they rent? One of those would probably work.

It might but how fun would it be to drive one of those big pigs for eight hours
(or more)? If I have to drive that far, I'd rather be behind the wheel of my
Dakota! :^)

I've sent an email to the "hitch people" on the spew-haul web page. I'm
anxious to see what their reply says.

-Scott Vieth
vieths@kci.wayne.edu