Dakota R/T debuts in Spring '98

From: johnlrivait (magnumrt@concentric.net)
Date: Sun Jun 22 1997 - 20:05:22 EDT

Hi all!

BAD news for R/T fans waiting to order or get a '98 Dakota RT. It seems
Chrysler WILL NOT offer the R/T pkg. until spring of 1998. Orders for
the R/T WILL NOT be taken or given to Chysler directly until Jan. '98.

Last week I was all set to put a deposit down on the one of the first
R/T models to be produced. Hoping they would be available in late
summer, I was wrong and upset by the BAD news! Now I think I will have
to settle for a '97 Dakota Sport or order a '98 Sport. I don't think I
can wait another year for the R/T! Hopefully it will be offered in '99
and beyond with the upcoming "NEW MACK V-8"!!!

Anymore info would be appreciated.

Thanx John L Rivait