Re: Dakota R/T debuts in Spring '98

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Sun Jun 22 1997 - 20:45:07 EDT

At 08:05 PM 6/22/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi all!
>
>BAD news for R/T fans waiting to order or get a '98 Dakota RT. It seems
>Chrysler WILL NOT offer the R/T pkg. until spring of 1998. Orders for
>the R/T WILL NOT be taken or given to Chysler directly until Jan. '98.
>
>Last week I was all set to put a deposit down on the one of the first
>R/T models to be produced. Hoping they would be available in late
>summer, I was wrong and upset by the BAD news! Now I think I will have
>to settle for a '97 Dakota Sport or order a '98 Sport. I don't think I
>can wait another year for the R/T! Hopefully it will be offered in '99
>and beyond with the upcoming "NEW MACK V-8"!!!
>
>Anymore info would be appreciated.
>
>Thanx John L Rivait

Settle?.......Settle? ;^) I don't think you'd be giving up *too* much by
going with a Sport if you can't wait. For what the R/T option gets you, if
it's the performance you want it can be found it the 318 very easily.
Plus, the 318 will rev quicker due to the lower reciprocating mass. An
open element air cleaner and upgraded exhuast would have you even with the
5.9L and the SBEC, when it arrives, would have you stompin' all over R/T's.
 Insurance is gonna be cheaper too. Just my $0.02.

Can ya go till next summer seeing all those new Dak's runnin' around? ;^) ;^)

  sean meldrum