Re: U-Haul turns into "Not-4-U-Haul"

From: Thomas McCabe (mccabet@megsinet.net)
Date: Mon Jun 23 1997 - 03:35:42 EDT

Scott,
        I rented from a uhaul in Cleveland, OH one of their 'Auto Transports'
bring a '58 Ford Fairlane to Chicago. I pulled it with my '96 Dakota,
2wd, V8,
Auto, and 3.55 SG, with no problems. Granted, it was a lot of weight
(didn't
weigh it), but I made it with no problems. Especially since I had the
bed loaded
as well. My Dak has the factory towing package with the heavy duty
electrical and
cooling.

        Prior to towing the ford, I towed a 16'x8'x8' single axle mobile office
trailer from Columbus, OH, to Pittsburgh, Pa. Not that was a lot more
weight as
I had to use a weight distributing hitch to keep from bottoming out. I
think it
had about 1000lb tongue weight.

        You will have no problems towing your camaro.. except for getting them
to rent it to you. Maybe you should just tell them you are carrying a
yugo! :)

L8r

--
Tom McCabe