Re: U-Haul turns into "Not-4-U-Haul"

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 1997 - 09:28:04 EDT

> checked his little book and said "You can't do it. Your truck is too small to
> pull that trailer."

  Good luck. I've been in that situation (before owning a Dakota),
and the rental yards were not logical or consistent at all in renting
car haulers. E.g. Identical truck, one week they rent a car hauler;
two weeks later they refuse.

  I suspect they derate all capacities for insurance reasons, meaning
they don't want to allow people to use their equipment at the jagged
edge. I think it's B.S., but this is why eventually I'm going to buy
my own car hauler.

  I ended up having to do my cross-town tow job late at night with
a chain and pipe.

  Ron