Re: *Real* mufflersm (Sean, don't do it!)

From: Scott Vieth (vieths@kci.wayne.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 23 1997 - 03:52:54 EDT

Sean:

> I worried about the frame clearance too, especially since I'm considering a
> 3"/3" drop. I'm installing a 3" turndown before the axle. I kinda like
> the clean look of seeing no tailpipe exit.

No, no, no. The reason Dave's truck sounds so nice is because the pipe exit
beyond the body of the truck. If his pipes stopped somewhere under the bed,
it'd sound really bad. Plus you'll get more noise in the cab if you don't run
the pipes all the way back.

Get that sound out in the open where everyone can hear you. Dumping the
exhaust under the body of the truck sounds bad and makes people think you drive
a beater.

Dave's truck is the best example of getting that sound "out from under" the
truck.

I still think you should go for the NASCAR dual side exits. ;^) ;^) ;^)

-Scott "run them pipes *allll* the way back, sonny" Vieth
vieths@kci.wayne.edu