Re: U-Haul turns into "Not-4-U-Haul"

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 1997 - 12:55:56 EDT

----------
> From: Scott Vieth <vieths@kci.wayne.edu>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Re: U-Haul turns into "Not-4-U-Haul"
> Date: Monday, June 23, 1997 04:52 AM
>
> Sam:
>
> > I have seen people with Mazda Navajo's towing u-haul trailers with
> > full sized cars/pickups on them...
>
> They let Mazdas pull those trailers? Come on! Next thing you'll be
telling me

        I'm serious!! I tried to rent a full sized 8x12" enclosed trailer last
year,
and the guy at a local U-haul place wouldn't rent it to me.. "My truck was
too small". He was only able to find info on the towing capacity of a 2.5L
Dakota.
  I left, disgusted... then drove up the fwy. to another U-haul place.. On
the way I
passed a guy with the Navajo... I was pxxxed!!!!

> I thought of lying but then I get scared of what would happen if I was in
some
> sort of accident. I would wreck their trailer, lose my Dakota, lose my
Camaro
> and not have any of it covered by insurance.

        Damage waiver on the trailer covers them, and your car insurance should
cover whatever you are towing... FYI....

> I'll find a way *around* spew-haul or end up using a dollie.
>
> -Scott '97 Sport

        Good luck...

        Sam '95 SLT