Re: speaking of engine SBEC's

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Tue Jun 24 1997 - 21:53:23 EDT

> << m looking forward to a low 15 second time. ya
> think i can acheive it??? >>
>
> No but if you do I'd be real proud of it. Best I've seen a 97 run was a
16.0
> and it was a SB 2WD V8 5 spd with 3.92 SG ram air and exhaust.

well, lets put it this way, when i ran my last run down the 1/4 in the
dakota, i ran a 16.354@81.24, that was with a .644 reaciton time (i gotta
stop dep staging). and those times were with teh tires spinning quite a bit
off the line. now i have my exhaust, FIPK, and fatter tires that arent as
tall as the stock tires and i get more traction, so i beleive a 15 second
e.t. is possible if i dont deep stage and cut a good light at the tree.

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://falcon.laker.net/moparman
'97 Dakota CC Sport V8, Flowmaster, FIPK
'72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car