speaking of engine SBEC's

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Mon Jun 23 1997 - 00:15:04 EDT

well, have any of you have tried to rev you new '97's over 4,750 rpms at
mileage under 600 miles, and it wouldnt do it? i wondered it myself, my
truck turned over 600 miles today and i noticed at like 615 miles when i
dropped it in 1 and nailed it, i was able to shift at 5,000 rpms, so i
tried it again and it now has a rev limit of 5,300 rpms. i cant wait to go
to the drag strip weds to see what time i can run now with my wider tires
and my exhaust and FIPK!!!> im looking forward to a low 15 second time. ya
think i can acheive it??? god i hope i do. and i still have traction
problems with my truck, at WOT takeoff's, i still spin my 275/60/15's for
about one foot and then go!. damn!. will i ever find traction???. am i
going to have to get 295/50/15's????:). maybe i will when i burn off these
275's:) this truck needs a SBEC and a shift kit! man would that improve 1/4
mile times!!!!

Jarrod

P.S. anyone know when the MP comps are gonna be out??

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://falcon.laker.net/moparman
'97 Dakota CC Sport V8, Flowmaster, FIPK
'72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car