One more muffler to consider

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Tue Jun 24 1997 - 23:28:58 EDT

Hey all....

Finally decided on a muffler. DynoMax Race Magnum. Welded version. 3"
center in/out. Straight thru, perf'ed core. Wrapped in ceramic matting.
Just the core too, no extra matting stuffed in there.

When I looked straight thru this thing and saw daylight I was thinking
there's no way this'll be quieter than the straight pipe. Beeeeyoooootiful
tone. Got all my low end back and then some. Revs even quicker than the
straight pipe too.

If yer considering a Flowmaster you've got to look at these. (Mike, your
dual setup is better off with the dual out Flowmaster as there are no dual
out Race Magnums). Testing is showing more power than the Flowmaster (just
what I've heard......I want to see it in print though) and a dB or two
quieter. The big difference is that it's a much smoother tone. Doesn't
have the famous Flowmaster "bark".

Same price range as Flowmasters too. Built like Fort Knox. They've got
'em in Jeg's although I got mine locally at Ramcharger's. $55. I would
*highly* recommend 'em to anyone still contemplating an exhaust.
  sean meldrum