Re: FIPK (FreshAir by Meldrum) Attn: Phil Hyde

From: Phil Hyde (philh@insync.net)
Date: Wed Jun 25 1997 - 14:03:26 EDT

DRD892@aol.com wrote:

> I agree the open-element is noisy. I can hear the hissing but it is not
> objectionable yet.

Well, I guess I'm picky. It's a brand new truck, and I don't want
people to hear the hissing and think somethings wrong with "those
damn Dodges" :-0

> I removed the Air-Hat from the throttle body and the tube that runs to
> the Air-Box. Everything else is still in the original position. I could
> hook it all up OEM again without a problem. Removing the air-horn
> sounds like a good deal (read cheap) but I already have the Chrome
> setup. Sean Meldrum is making me a threaded "S" Rod to replace
> the factory bracket.

I had originally removed the entire intake assembly - box and
all. Man was there alot of room in there!

The S-bar is easy to make yourself. I was successful on the first
try, and if you are able enough to change the filter assembly then
you should not have a problem making the S-bar. You really just
have to bend it enough to get in the hole. I'm sure Sean has
alot of practice, though.

> Used to work for TI Field Service. Spent a lot of time at the Brookhollow
> and Cypress sites. Too damn hot down there :))

You're right about about, although it has been rather mild so far this
year. Not that I enjoy being outside, it just has been unusually
dry (for Houston).

ttyl,
Phil