New wav files..

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Wed Jun 25 1997 - 12:09:22 EDT

Well, I finally did it.

        I recorded 3 new wav files (much smaller in size than my
original ones, so downloading will be easier!). The first is idle.wav
and that's of my truck idling. The second is 1234gran.wav... I
took the truck to 1000 rpm, paused, then 2000 rpm, paused, then
3 & 4000 rpm... then back to idle... The reving is with light throttle,
and light throttle while returning to idle (I didn't just drop my foot off
of the gas)... The final file is 5000g.wav.. I rev. a little, then punch
it
up to 5000 rpm, then release my foot.. The popping sound is not as
bad as it sound on the wav file, the microphone makes it sound a lot
worse. In normal driving, with the engine under load (both accelerating
and decelerating) you will get very little popping from the exhaust.

        All sounds were taking at a distance of 8' from the tail pipe,
at waist level. I used a standard pc-microphone, and had the truck
backed into the garage to take the sound samples. I set the sound
sample rate at 'telephone grade' for a low file size, yet decent recording
quality.

        Compare this to my truck before the headers... You'll 'see'
the difference! The files are in the upload section of the Dakota
page...

        Sam '95 SLT