Re: FIPK (FreshAir by Meldrum) Attn: Phil Hyde

From: Rob L Cobb (cobbrob@juno.com)
Date: Fri Apr 18 1997 - 01:17:36 EDT

Thanks for the input on what I should do about the breather tube. I
think I'm going to have to get some more tubing and redo things a little
bit because the way it is right now the tube is crimped so bad as it
comes up to the air cleaner that it's practically pinching off all the
air flow. . . this is probably the reason the truck has been using oil
the past 2 weeks. I've heard that if the breather doesn't work right
then it pulls vacuum in the motor and basically sucks the oil into the
combustion chambers. (That's what I've HEARD, anyway) Anybody else know
why it would be using oil, or does this sound right?
So, basically I need to go to an auto parts store, get about 14 inches of
19/32 tubing (or is it 5/8) and redo things. Thanks for the help guys.

- Rob Cobb
93 V8 LE 2wd swb auto
cobbrob@juno.com