Re: NOS and Jacob's Omni-Pak

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Fri Jun 27 1997 - 18:52:00 EDT

At 09:32 PM 6/26/97 -0500, you wrote:
>no one has responded to me about the difference i would notice bout
>installing the jacob's omni-pak ignition!!. comon guys i know one of you
>has it on yer truck!. tell me what it does for the truck!:).
>
>and would it be safe to put a 100 hp shot of nitrous on my '97?. does it
>have forged pistons from the factory to handle NOS??. i would like to know,
>cause i will put it on if it wont screw up the truck, i dont care about
>warranties or any crap like that. any info would be cool.
>
>Jarrod
>
>Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net

I've heard it said that the Dak manifold is a bad design for wet flow.
There are a few on the list however that use it with success. I think a
good example would be Richard Rotzol's '95. The newer, returnless fuel
system trucks are supposedly the ones that have the high cost nitrous
setups. Hey Richard, willing to give us the low down on your system or is
it a trade secret? ;^)

I doubt the pistons are forged. You'd be safe with probably up to a 125 hp
shot with the stock setup though.

If the stock manifold doesn't suit itself to the nitrous well there is an
outfit in Whitmore Lake, MI that modifies Magnum carb aluminum intakes to
accept the stock fuel rails. Everything supposedly goes on like they were
made for eachother. Manifold alone is worth 25hp. Add a stipped down
Holley ProJection 4V throttle body as the air metering device and you've
got a total gain of 40hp. I'm seriously considering this mod for next summer.
  sean meldrum