Re: My web site

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Sun Jun 29 1997 - 23:13:21 EDT

At 10:58 PM 6/29/97 -0500, you wrote:
>why would you want to widen the 7 inch wide rims??. i got the tire and
>handling package so i got the 15x8's, but the tires suck. ya may wanna just
>get 16 inch rims for her. i might do it that in the future.

        Well.....I like the look of the rims I have but they're too narrow for a
295 tire. Your rim shouldn't be less than 70% of the section width of the
tire. I'd already be pushin' it with the 275's. Plus, have you priced
decent lookin' rims for the 6x4-1/2" bolt pattern? Hoooooweee! $1k to
$1200 for a set of Boyd's or Colorado Customs is too rich for me. I'd also
like to look into either polishing these rims or what a chrome plating
would cost me.

>how do you like your msd 6al on your '97???. i was gonna use my jacob's,
>but im gonna use it on my demon instead.

>lemme know.
>Jarrod
>
>Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
>http://falcon.laker.net/moparman
>'97 Dakota CC Sport V8, Flowmaster, FIPK
>'72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car

        Haven't been able to drag my ass away from work long enuf to get the thing
installed yet. 8^( I got the new Moroso wires on and actually noticed a
very small difference. Not really a boost but the acceleration seems much
smoother....much less labored. I *will* let everyone know when I get it in.

*******************************97 Dakota Sport*******************************
  sean meldrum

                  Work: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7875/

 Black, 318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd, buckets
"Fresh air by Meldrum"
All exterior vinyl graphics removed
Moroso Blue Max plug wires and Spectre looms
DynoMax Race Magnum Welded. 3" in/out, exiting before axle.
MSD 6a, Blaster coil awaiting installation
****