Hats off to Chrysler

From: James Bird (birdjd@internetmci.com)
Date: Tue Jul 01 1997 - 23:01:06 EDT

Two weeks ago Chrysler asked me to get my paint checked on my '97. And now they call me telling me I have three options:

1> A new paint job, loaner car, bed liner, life time satisfaction on the paint, and a compensatory measure for my trouble
2> A new truck, 97 if available, '98 if they can't find a 5sp v8 w/ all the options
3> Give me back all my money + Tax + License + Interest on my loan

Option one looks good, Option #2 looks better since I will have 9000 miles on the truck by the time I give it back. But I have invested days (weeks) of work in sound proofing and installing the stereo, amps and subs. This takes me back to option one. More importantly, a new paint job will not be water-based, but a much better quality paint. Who knows what the OEM paint will be like in '98?

It's nice to see Chrysler take that extra step to ensure their name stays in good standing for their new product and to keep their customer happy! Once again, hats off to Chrysler!

James Bird - BIRDJD@InternetMCI.COM
'97 Dakota CC, 4x4, V8, 5sp, 3.55, loaded, 500W of serious sound