Re: Hats off to Chrysler

From: Ryan LeBlanc (rleblanc@deltanet.com)
Date: Wed Jul 02 1997 - 21:26:45 EDT

James Bird wrote:

> Two weeks ago Chrysler asked me to get my paint checked on my '97.
> And now they call me telling me I have three options:
>
> 1> A new paint job, loaner car, bed liner, life time satisfaction on
> the paint, and a compensatory measure for my trouble
> 2> A new truck, 97 if available, '98 if they can't find a 5sp v8 w/
> all the options
> 3> Give me back all my money + Tax + License + Interest on my loan
>
> Option one looks good, Option #2 looks better since I will have 9000
> miles on the truck by the time I give it back. But I have invested
> days (weeks) of work in sound proofing and installing the stereo, amps
> and subs. This takes me back to option one. More importantly, a new
> paint job will not be water-based, but a much better quality paint.
> Who knows what the OEM paint will be like in '98?
>
> It's nice to see Chrysler take that extra step to ensure their name
> stays in good standing for their new product and to keep their
> customer happy! Once again, hats off to Chrysler!
>
> James Bird - BIRDJD@InternetMCI.COM
> '97 Dakota CC, 4x4, V8, 5sp, 3.55, loaded, 500W of serious sound

Ok... This is the second time I have heard of a "recall" on 97s for
paint reasons. A month or two ago, there was a posting about some guy's
brother getting the same story. Does any body have the scoop on this?
I would like to know since there were some minor flaws in my paint when
I received my truck. Nothing to worry about at the time, but I would
like to get this taken care of if it is a legitimate problem.

Ryan

97, CC, 5.2L, SLT+