Painting the door handles

From: Brett Stoner (brett@abacusinfo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 02 1997 - 11:32:00 EDT

I've got a white 97 Dakota and I'd like to have the black plastic door and
tailgate handles painted white to match the truck. One body shop I talked
to said that since the handles were textured the paint wasn't likely to
adhere for very long. Obviously if that's the case I don't want to do it,
but it seems to me that if one sands the handles smooth, then primes and
paints them properly it should adhere. Of course I really don't know much
about this. Does anyone know if this should be possible and I should try
another body shop or should I just give up?

Thanks
  Brett