Re: Painting the door handles

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Wed Jul 02 1997 - 20:34:40 EDT

At 10:32 AM 7/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I've got a white 97 Dakota and I'd like to have the black plastic door and
>tailgate handles painted white to match the truck. One body shop I talked
>to said that since the handles were textured the paint wasn't likely to
>adhere for very long. Obviously if that's the case I don't want to do it,
>but it seems to me that if one sands the handles smooth, then primes and
>paints them properly it should adhere. Of course I really don't know much
>about this. Does anyone know if this should be possible and I should try
>another body shop or should I just give up?
>
>Thanks
> Brett

It can be done. Have you seen the Street Scene Dakota.? The orange one?
All the handle on there are painted. Find a shop that's versed in custom
body/paint. These guys could probably help ya.
*******************************97 Dakota Sport*******************************
  sean meldrum

                  Work: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7875/

 Black, 318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd, buckets
"Fresh air by Meldrum"
All exterior vinyl graphics removed
Moroso Blue Max plug wires and Spectre looms
DynoMax Race Magnum Welded. 3" in/out, exiting before axle.
MSD 6a, Blaster coil awaiting installation
****