Re: Paint peeling

From: Tom Whiteside (twhiteside@sweetheart.com)
Date: Thu Jul 03 1997 - 01:48:07 EDT

John,
I have a 93 Dakota Club Cab that is white with gray metallic paint. Last
November I took it back to the dealer because the gray paint was peeling
and the white along the bottom of the body had small rust dots. Griffith
Dodge (Westminster MD) agreed to have the gray and white along the bottom
repainted, but would not pay to have the hood and roof painted because
"There was no problem with that paint." I guess I was lucky that they paid
for that but now the paint on the hood is starting to peel. I am going to
take it back and see what they tell me now.

They did not do the actual paint job. It was done by a local body shop.
So I do feel that the job that was done was a good job.

I will keep you posted as to what the tell me regarding the hood.

Tom Whiteside