Re: The best muffler

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Sun Jul 06 1997 - 19:50:38 EDT

James Bird wrote:

> I want to buy the best QUIET muffler out there. I want a 3" in and dual 2.5" out.
>
> Gibson?
> Dynomax Super Turbo?
> Dynomax Race Magnum?
> Edelbrock 2.5" RPM series?
> Flowmaster (too noisy for me)?
>
> Has anyone heard the Edelbrock? Has anyone any recommendations??

> James Bird BirdJD@InternetMCI
> '97 Dakota CC, V8, 4x4, 5sp, loaded, 500w of serious sound.
I've got the Flowmaster 3" in dual 2.5" out. It's a two chamber and it
is NOT quiet. But I like it.... Gave the Dak a real shot in the arm
performance wise... I know Flowmaster makes a 3 chamber muffler that is
quieter than my two but I would still bet it would be more noise than
what you would want. The shop where I got mine said Dynomax would be
the next quiet muffler over the Flowmaster.

--
Michael Clark                    mike@snakebite.com
	  '93 Mark III 4X2 V-8 SWB