Re: The best muffler

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Sun Jul 06 1997 - 20:14:33 EDT

At 04:35 PM 7/6/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I want to buy the best QUIET muffler out there. I want a 3" in and dual
2.5" out.

>Gibson?
>Dynomax Super Turbo?
>Dynomax Race Magnum?
>Edelbrock 2.5" RPM series?
>Flowmaster (too noisy for me)?
>
>Has anyone heard the Edelbrock? Has anyone any recommendations??

>James Bird BirdJD@InternetMCI
>'97 Dakota CC, V8, 4x4, 5sp, loaded, 500w of serious sound.

Gibson, maybe. Somewhat quiet at idle with a nice big block type tone on
acceleration. These guys have a dual exit system available for the '97s.
This may be your best bet.

DynoMax Super Turbo? Hmmmm....I think somebody said these installed on a
Mustang were close to stock dB's.

DynoMax Race Magnum? No way....I've got this. You *don't* want this.
This one tells the neighbors when yer leavin' fer work.

Edelbrock? Nope. Pretty healthy performance tone.

Flowmaster? No chance.

Borla is known for good performance, excellent materials, and lower volumes.

For a real performance gain you'll have to have at least some volume
increase. Just the nature of the beast. For the muffler to *really* flow
the design can't control sound levels too.

Are you looking for big performance gains or do you just want the dual exit
look?
*******************************97 Dakota Sport*******************************
  sean meldrum

                  Work: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7875/

 Black, 318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd, buckets
"Fresh air by Meldrum"
All exterior vinyl graphics removed
Moroso Blue Max plug wires and Spectre looms
DynoMax Race Magnum Welded. 3" in/out, exiting before axle.
MSD 6a, Blaster coil awaiting installation
****