Re: Exhaust

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Mon Jul 07 1997 - 01:51:24 EDT

Kane V Turner wrote:

> So if I want dual pipes out the back race magnum don't Single in dual out?
> So what should I go with? How much would it cost? I want my truck loud.
> Do you know of any good headers for my truk?
> Thanks.
> Kane
> 1997 Dakota Sport reg. cab 5.2liter, K&N FIPK

If you want it loud go with the Flowmaster. Have you listened to my
.wav files? They are at:
ftp://sseg.ait.fredonia.edu/pub/incoming/mailing-lists/dakota/ just
read Clark.txt to see which files are what. My truck puts out a lot of
sound, nice deep rumble, but from the inside it's not bad at all. But
more important than volume is the tone produced. Who wants a loud
crappy sounding exhaust? My system has a nice "growl" to it that I
like. When I crank it up in a parking lot heads turn, which is what I
wanted. I ordered the Flowmaster from Summit and had a local shop do
the tailpipes and tips. Total cost to me was $210.00 and now that my
computer has had time to adjust for reduced backpressure it drives like
a different truck. Torque has increased quite a bit and so has the top
end according to my butt-dyno. Took about a week for it to adjust, but
the performance has peaked out now, I think.

$60.00 For the muffler, 2nd day air and handling
$150.00 For 2.5" dual pipes and 3" chrome tips

To me this was better than a $300.00 cat-back system, and I didn't have
to do the grunt work.

--
Michael Clark                    mike@snakebite.com
	  '93 Mark III 4X2 V-8 SWB