Re: Bucket seats

From: BadDakota1@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 07 1997 - 22:24:56 EDT

<< Anyone try to fit bucket seats from another vehicle in your
 pre-97 Dakota? I tried some high back buckets from an older
 Caravan but they need to be reupholstered and I didn't realize how
 much it would cost until it was too late. Now, I'm looking for
 another set of seats.

 Has anyone done this? A friend of mine has a 1988 Nissan 300ZX with
 seats that would be perfect (color, fit, etc). When I installed the
 Caravan seats, I had to do a little rigging to make the holes line up.
 The problem seems to be the front right bolt of the drivers side and
 the front left of the passenger. I can't get behind the metal piece
 to screw in the nut to the bolt. Anyone have a solution for this too?

 Thanks ... Mat

yeah i did.......i got buckets from a fiero and stuck them in my 94.........9
hours later i got them to sit flat they recline but do not moce forward or
back.......i really DON' recomend doing this.....the modifications are not
worth it

Russ