Re: Best Kind Of Gas

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Wed Jul 09 1997 - 01:57:08 EDT

Kane V Turner wrote:

> Whats the best kind of gas to run in a 1997 Dakota 5.2liter.
> I've been running 93, but I can't tell the difference in it from 87. Is
> there in difference power wise between 87, 89, 93.
> Thanks
> Kane
> 1997 Dakota 5.2liter, K&N FIPK

For the most part if your truck is factory stock, 87 is all you'll
need. Remember they are tuned to run on 87. Now if you get a
performance computer the opposite will be true, nothing but 93+

I remember not long ago hearing about something on the tv that the gas
companies were going to have to change their advertising for premium gas
because it offered no benefits over the 87 stuff (for stock vehicles
mind you) Maybe someone else remembers more of this, I think it was
some government agency that did the testing????

--
Michael Clark                    mike@snakebite.com
	  '93 Mark III 4X2 V-8 SWB