Re: Cooling/Fog lamps

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Wed Jul 09 1997 - 14:00:21 EDT

Sam '95 SLT Dakota
http://www.users.cts.com/king/s/samp/

----------
> From: Tony Mastres <mastres@id.ucsb.edu>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Cooling/Fog lamps
> Date: Wednesday, July 09, 1997 09:04 AM
>
> Hey, anyone out there know the difference between the cooling systems in
> standard Dak and one with the Max Cooling option? Asuming Auto trans in
> both.

        To the best of my knowledge, the Max Cooling option includes a heavy
duty radiator, trans cooler on auto (no trans cooler on 5 speed--not
needed), heavy
duty cooler on power steering pump (fins visible looking from underneath
truck, near
anti-sway bar), and possibly a different cooling fan & shroud.

        My '91 V8 Dakota didn't have max cooling, (very small fan shroud, no
visible separate trans cooler, and no power steering pump fins. My '95 5
spd
has Max Cooling, and it is well worth it. Are you looking to see if you
have it or
something?? If yes, check your window sticker (it will be listed there).